Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

Saturday April 11, 2009

I went to visit my grandma and we talked for almost two hours. I always enjoy seeing her. We write back and forth when I am in college. I am able to talk to her about anything. She just listens and understands. What I like is that she is not judgmental and she is not trying to change me. She is writing a book called, “Life is a Four Letter Word.” I cannot wait for it to come out. I am so excited to read it. She takes four-letter words and makes them into stories of her life. Like, one word is “lost.” In this story, she is talking about a women who is also at the Care Center with her who has Alzheimer’s disease. She talks about how the woman’s husband will come and visit her everyday and she does not even recognize him. She also gave me two pieces of advice that I will remember forever, first, “All sunshine makes a desert”. This means that there needs to be tears and sadness sometimes for growth. The second one applies to my Africa trip, “Sometimes you are the only Bible some people will ever read.” She still backs me up for this trip, which means a lot.

This is the night where we get to dye Easter eggs. This is a huge reason for why I went home. I really enjoyed it. Zach and Emily did not do it. Jacob did it for a while, but then it was just my dad and me. I did not mind, I love spending time with my dad. I was so happy that night.

My mom put in part of her facebook status, how she is dreading to clean up the mess from Easter eggs dying, hope it was everything you wanted Adrianna. This made me a little flustered…I commented on it and said that it was. I just do not get what is wrong between us. I do not know why she cares about the Africa thing; she is not helping in any way AT ALL to get there. She has no say, it is not her money. Her money is all going to Emily’s volleyball, which is going to make Emily a great person…yeah right! How stupid!

Easter Sunday Arrives!

Church arrives and it was in that moment when I realized is that all you need is God. He will carry you through everything. Everything happens for a reason. He has a plan, and we do not always know the plan until the very end. Everything is up in the air. The message was about getting in touch with God, and not to play church. Each person’s relationship is different with God and that is okay. My aunt Teresa came with me and Jacob. O heaven! I do not think she liked it. I go to a rock and roll service type of worship with a live band; we sing song from Skillet, but then also rock version of MercyMe. I enjoy it because I can feel it. I can get so wrapped in a song and worship my heart out while having one on one time with God. The entire feeling of the church is positive. I wish every Sunday that my parents would come open minded and experience it…but never will they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment