Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day Twelve

Sunday February 8, 2009
I allowed myself to sleep in until ten today. I just feel like I have wasted half the day if I sleep in any longer. I ended up cleaning until a little after one this morning. Yeah, this is a semi sad reality that I have to come to realize about myself. I mean I still do enjoy going out at night but if I have stuff to do then I will not. I just do not like to put things off. My room and the accessories in my room are probably not the most important on a Saturday night but I like things to be clean and I do not want to be rushed and do a half ass job. Pretty much my whole team went out the night before. I found this out when I arrived at practice this afternoon. I feel kind of out of the loop because they were reminiscing. There will be other times and I will go out. It is just the beginning of the semester and habits are formed early. This may be my attempt at making an excuse that I did not want to get ready and I personally need my alone time, sometimes. Who is judging anyways? That’s right no one. Practice went well. I feel like my back row play is better than front row which is odd for me. I just need to get reps hitting. All things get better with repetition. Then I had to rush to be a work but five. I sometimes feel like all I am doing is rushing from one task to another so by the time the weekend comes, I do not want to do anything. I feel like the odd ball out at this job. Last Friday, one of the football coaches made a comment and asked me why I was working TeleFund instead of working in the Athletic Department. I honestly was dumbfounded. I have absolutely no idea. You know that is where I should be. I just think to myself that not everyone I will encounter outside of college will be an athlete. My coworkers and I get along. They are all in band and Messiah. Two things that I will NEVER be apart of which I am perfectly content with. I guess I just feel awkward there. They all laugh and have their little jokes and then there is me…I can honestly say it is the only place that I have not meshed in with. I am friends with my coworkers, I can say hello, and carry on conversations about their life and what they are interested in. I feel like I am doing what I can, and no offense to anyone, I am not about to join band or choir to humiliate myself just so I can have inside jokes for the ten hours a week at one of my jobs. :)
Rodney came back tonight. He is very tired! He only stayed for about an hour because he had an eight o clock class with Dr. Pigge, who I believe is one of the worst things that ever happened to Bethany College students. Her colleagues would disagree but college is not about the teachers it is about the students hence why students pay money. She is bossy, stubborn, and honestly does not care too much for students especially athletes. Athletes are discriminated at this school. Bethany would not even be a college without athletics. The music department could bring in half as much as athletics. Nothing against music but it is frustrating to be stereotyped especially when I have carried a 4.0 GPA the last two semesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment