Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday

Day Thirteen February 9, 2009

One more day until the worst part of my medication is over!! Woot Woot. I honestly have not seen a huge difference. I did not break out like crazy, I am still wearing my contacts, and my lips are soft (with constant application of Aquaphor). My face no longer feels like it is on fire and my face is not unbearably dry. I am afraid to wear makeup, I think that I will break out more, who knows but I am too afraid to try. My dermatologist said that there is nothing on the outside that is going to make my acne worse right now because it is working on the inside. Maybe my face just needs to get used to the make up. I am not the type of girl who parades with a ton of make up on anyways.
Thinking and Writing is well going to serve as its course name says; a lot of thinking and a lot more writing. I do not mind the busy work. As long as I do well, in this class- produce results by showing participation, attendance and a lot of papers. I am good at writing papers and with grammatical help an A should follow in the course no problem. Logic on the other hand is so interesting but sometimes Yorton gets wrapped up in what he is saying that I get confused. We are finding the conclusions and premises in arguments and then diagramming them using numbers and lines to show which ones are the premise and the conclusion. It gets tricky because sometimes because the premises support the conclusion so that is two separate lines when I am diagramming. However, if the premises support each other and one cannot support the conclusion alone then the premises are paired together and one line goes to the conclusion. It sounds boring but I find this more fascinating than statistics which is odd and mildly scary. I am so into learning about this stuff. It is going to get harder, the example I just showed you are two level diagramming, tomorrow I will read about five and six level. It is going to be hard but I think it will be okay. I am nervous for the test next week. It should be okay but when I do the homework I understand it better on the computer, I talk out loud, and I give a little pump of the fist when I get it right. I am so into learning this, it is like a game, if it was a video game I would play all the time…Wow one of the nerdiest things I think I have ever said.
I went in to work for Alex today. It was totally chill. I organized and we talked. I like him so much more than Kattie. Then after that I had to go to weights early with Mel because we lift at seven and I cannot do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday evenings. Thankfully it is only Monday that is affected. We went to do abs, wow. Oh and I went outside today. Only for about five minutes but I did not have sunscreen on and the wind was blowing like crazy. I think that I am going to test my limits outside from now on. Since I am almost past the two weeks there is no use in feeling like I am all cooped up all the time. We tested out vertical again today. I am right at eight foot eleven mark on a standing jump. I went to test my approach but after weights, plyometrics I only got barely higher. My legs are tired. My hip flexor is killing me. After I rode the elliptical I went and got iced but from the position of the ice bag, well use your imagination…it just looked odd and out of place for my gender.
THEN!! Rodney and I went to stuff animals, no not taxidermy. We decided that we would do this instead going out and spending money on stuffed animals. He made me a hippo, not because he thinks I am a hippo and I made him a koala bear. Something different and not the norm; they even came with little Bethany Swede shirts. I think I am going to decorate his little shirt as a baseball uniform. I am on duty tonight which means it is a homework night and hopefully an early night for bed. Rodney has practice at nine, which is stupid because they are required to have a day off. Some odd feeling tells me it is going to be tomorrow for their day off; which they have another game in Oklahoma on Thursday so that would not be wise. I am not the baseball coach so what to I know. However, Rodney seems to be doing more coaching than playing. Rodney is going to be a phenomenal baseball coach but right now it is not his time to coach. It is his time to enjoy his senior year and be a player. He is so wiped out. I do not even think it is so much from playing as it is from coaching first base during the games and helping the guys on the side. Then there is school in all of this; which could be going better. I just hope all of his books get here by Wednesday.
Mood: A Step Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment